Google

Sunday, March 29, 2009

"Terrible" Draft as it turns out

I watched ESPN's fantasy special last night and the first thing they said was to stay away from Ian Kinlser because he is injury prone and then to not draft A-Rod before the 5 round or so.  But if the stupid Yankees would just put him on the DL already I could still have him on my roster and pick up someone to fill the active roster spot.  Other than that I think I did alright, but they were saying the starting pitching was deep and don't pay for saves, which I agree with.  They also said catcher was deep, but I don't buy that.  If there are 5 catcher that contribute you're lucky and the difference between 1 and 10 is probably about 200 ranks and I had a heck of a time last year finding a catcher, but finally found Chris Ianetta late in the second half of the season.  Granted catchers don't contribute as much, but have a distinct advantage at that spots could be the difference.  I don't know about the head-to-head format, but it can't hurt.  

On the basketball front, I re-picked Gilbert Arenas and he did well his first night of action too bad I have only got 4 games at point left.  At least I'll get about 4 games out of him, when the season started I thought I would get about half but he stayed out until Friday's game.  All I have to do is coast to the finish line, Stevie is closest, but all the categories are pretty much too far away for anyone to make too much of a move, you know unless Stevie can pick up about 10 points in FT%.

No comments: