Google

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Farewell Mask

This week, March the 11th, Charles "Mask" Lewis was killed in an auto accident.  For those of you who don't know, Mask was one of the faces of the "TapouT" clothing line.  It is associated with MMA and after watching for a little over a year it is impossible not to recognize the TapouT symbol.  Actually it is impossible to not notice it after watching for about a month.  And it was all do to the hard work of Mask, Skyscrape and Punkass.  Yeah, those are the three guys that came up with the brand, and they even had a show that airs on Versus.  Mask was front man who had worked from essentially nothing in 1997 to one of the heads of this multimillion dollar outfit.  I got my first TapouT tee for Christmas and the TapouT sticker now adorns my door at work.  Anyway I'm sure the brand will persevere, but this was a huge a blow, and very difficult to put in perspective.  I feel really bad for the TapouT guys, but also the young fighters who now won't get to interact with him.  My condolences to the crew and all those associated with TapouT, and Mask's family.  R.I.P. MASK.

No comments: