Google

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Blog picks up a fan

Maybe not a fan, but at least someone who has looked at the old blog.  I guess Scott "The Chainsaw" Russell was out trolling the internet for a review of his last fight and I just happened to have mentioned that in my post about the night I went to the fights.  You know, stuff about how he did, gave him the nickname "The Chainsaw", you know regular stuff.  Anyway I thought that was extremely neat and as it would happen he is now my favorite fighter.  See I'm easy to get along with.  Plus with BJ Penn kind of getting dismantled at the hands of GSP in January, I needed to find a new up and comer.  Granted BJ is appealing the fight because he thought GSP had some funny grease all over him and he had taken something that would make him extra slippery.  I haven't seen the fight yet, but I do look forward to checking it out.  That was the same night that Lyoto Machida won and should have assumed the #1 contender status in the 205 wt. division.  Unfortunately he was not guaranteed a title shot until after Rampage fought, but Rampage won so now he is going to fight Evans in May.  Which is ridiculous, because Rampage and Evans fought on the same night at the end of last year, and if they meet in May that will be Evans second fight compared to Rampage's third.  If the UFC was smart they would let Machida fight Evans in May and then they would still have an undefeated champ to fight Rampage later in the year.  Now Machida would have to fight someone else, like a Liddell or Wanderlei Silva or maybe Griffin even though he clearly deserves the next shot at the title.  I mean it may be worth it for Machida to just wait and fight the winner, that is what I would do rather than risk losing now when he is so close to getting the title shot.  But then again he is good enough to beat the rest of those guys at the top of the division, just because he fights with such a different style.  At least until "the Chainsaw" gets a hold of him.

No comments: