Google

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Out of my Control

I think the big reason I don't like my current situation at work is because it is out of my control. I don't really feel like I have any say it what is going on and even though I am going to land on my feet (at least for a while) I don't like that feeling. I am a bit of a control freak. I have to have some say in what is going on in order for me to feel comfortable. That is just who I am. I don't like being out of control and I don't even mind dealing with difficulty necessarily but the not being able to have any input to influence what is going on makes it hard. I know that there is nothing I can do at work now that will make things any better for myself. I just can't do much, but I don't enjoy that finality, especially with everyone else at work still scrambling to find jobs. Some people can retire, some will go back to school and some will find jobs before the severance runs out. But some may not find anything and that is a hard thing for me as well. If I just could have had a say in trying to keep the plant running, a stay of execution if you will, that may have helped. As it was I really didn't understand the decision or why we didn't ask the state for help before we shut the doors, but now we have to do an emergency repair in order to make six months worth of material for a customer. Go figure. I really wish there was something more I could do, or that I could at least enjoy myself, but I can't right now. I'm sure I will get things back in my control someday.

No comments: