Google

Friday, December 19, 2008

2nd Annual Helfen Christmas Letter

I guess the best way to describe this year for the Helfen's is to say it was a year of firsts. For all of us we went to Idlewild for the first time as kind of our vacation this year. A good time was had by all as we were able to spend the entire day there. The kids got their tastes of first as Sampson started to kindergarten and started going to school everyday. Sophie and I also had our first parent teacher conference which went very well. Sampson also played T-ball for the first time and played flag football where his team, the Purple Riders, won the Championship. Peach started at 'butterfly' school, for dancing and is enjoying it very much. She also got potty trained this year, which made Mommy and Daddy very happy. Sophie started her own myspace and is having a good time keeping up with people. Kirk got started on Fantasy sports for the first time and it has proved to be quite addictive. I finished 4th (according to yahoo, but if you count ALL the games I finished in sole possession of 3rd place) in fantasy baseball, and was the commish in fantasy football. Currently the Wreckers are the #1 seed, but my opponent had the Colts and scored 40 some points last night between 2 players. The Ankle Breakers are also in first in the basketball league. They were named due to an injury that Kirk incurred during the summer, where he severely sprained his ankle playing basketball and was on crutches for 2 weeks. This was actually the third time I have sprained my ankle so basketball may be over as I turn my attention to cornhole in 2009.



As far as seconds go, I got severed from work for the second time in 3 years, and have been scrambling a bit here in the last month or so. I think the Helfen family will be OK, for next year but in this economic climate I doubt that anyone can say with 100% certainty that they won't have any problems. Well best wishes for everyone for the new year.

Love,

The Helfens

No comments: