Google

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Talk with my sis

Talked with my sister today. That doesn't sound like that big of a deal but when it comes to being a real close-knit-talk-to-everybody type of person I really am not. It wasn't that it was a hard thing to do I just normally talk to Mom and she fills me in on what is going on and that seems to be good enough and then I'll see everyone else at the next big family get together. But this time was different and I'll try to keep checking in on her because she has cancer. She is taking the chemo now and will likely have surgery after the first of the year, but I really hope she does well and is able to just beat this thing right into submission. She sounds like she is doing really good with it right now, she gets her chemo stuff done on Monday and then a white blood cell shot on Tuesday and then works the rest of the week. Sometimes routine is a good thing in life, because you don't have to focus on the big picture all the time and you can just keep meeting goals day by day and the next thing you know your a half year down the road and you've managed to meet your main goal. Anyway I guess she has lost her hair already and she said she had been mistaken for a guy twice. Once by a guy at the bank and another from a woman she was helping at work. I told her that after the woman said 'thank you sir' and she said 'no, I am a ma'am', that she also should have told her that she had cancer, that would've really made that lady feel bad. She figures most people understand that she is bald because of the treatment for the cancer, but I reminded her that there are a lot of freaks out there, a lot, and people may mistake her for one. Then we discussed the possibility of her getting a Tony Stewart tattoo on her head, but I don't think she think is going to do it, (pause) yet. Actually she kind of laughed but I think if me and my brother Stevie work on her we just might be able to make it happen. She also says that she is doing well with the white blood cell count and that is pretty important I gather, as she is not having to take blood, but if she does don't worry I will continue to give as long as I am capable. It is actually kind of disappointing to think of all the people who are physically capable of giving blood, but don't for whatever reason. Oh well hope things continue to go well and I will continue to pray for my big sis.

No comments: