Google

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Sophie Wins - Again

Well Sophie has won this year's game of Survivor pick 'em. You see every season we pick someone from the opening credits of the first show and who's ever player lasts longer is the winner. Seems pretty simple, but I have yet to win, once, ever. I have only had one player make it to the merge and twice I have picked the person voted out first. This year it came down to me picking either Sherea or Chicken and if you follow survivor you know that Chicken was voted out first, so I barely avoided the kiss of death and I thought that maybe I had picked someone that could make it, but noooo. Sophie picked Eric who conveniently hasn't made any noise in the game and the team that was dominating the game and could have picked her guy off at the merge but has turned to infighting, so likely her pick will make it to the finals. This is pretty much how it plays out every season, I'll make a beautiful strategic pick, like the strong guy or the good looking girl (the good looking one always makes to the merger right? - except last year when I picked her and she went home first) and that will be the year that it is the exception to the rule. I should have realized by now that no matter who I pick they aren't going to make it. The very first time we played this little game was the Australia year and I picked Mike, who was the leader of his tribe - he even killed a boar in the wild with a homemade spear. He was going to make it to the merge, hadn't received one vote when his tribe had gone to tribal counsel and his tribe had the numbers advantage at 6 to 4 until he fell into a fire. He was just setting there tending the fire and he fell asleep and fell into a fire and had to be air lifted out of the game. Mean while Sophie's guy ends up third. For clarification HE FELL INTO A FIRE. The next season I picked Seth (I really don't know how I am able to remember all of these people) and Sophie picked Ethan. Seth was in prime position to go to the merge and win the individual immunities, but in true survivor form he ends up getting picked to go to the other tribe in a 3 member swap before the merge where is quickly voted out at the next tribal. That is kind of what happened this year with Sherea she got picked by the other tribe to come over with Frosti while the tribe she was on picked the two strongest guys from the other tribe. It made absolutely no sense for them to pick Sherea. Sophie's guy was the obvious one to pick from the tribe, but they didn't do it and do you know why? Because I picked her to win it is the only logical explanation. Anyway congratulations Sophie and if anyone is going to appear on Survivor you can send me a couple bucks so I don't pick you, or click on one of the ads.

No comments: