Google

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sampson's First Day of School

Thursday August 21, 2008 - The day Sampson started his journey into the realm of organized everyday education. Sure he had done the pre-school thing, but this was different. This was the big time. New School, new teacher, new classmates, and he said he had fun. He also said he made two new friends, but he couldn't remember their names. Basically Sophie and I went in with him to the class room and then they had someone come take the kids out to the playground, while the parents stayed in for like an orientation. It was to learn how the teacher wanted to communicate with us and what we had to do for the school year. It lasted about an hour and then we left before the kids got back. Then we came back at 2:30 PM to pick him up. So I think the schedule is like 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM, but I remember when I went to school I went from 8:15 to 3:30 then I had to walk in the snow and it was up hill both ways... anyway I had it a lot rougher. Except in Kindergarten we only went every other day, and I didn't go to pre-school for two years. I went for part of one year and by then my mom was ready to ship me off to school when I was only 4. I think she just wanted me out of the house. Well this is the start of the Sampson school journey we'll have to wait and see exactly where he ends up. Also Sophie didn't cry, I was shocked, I figured she would cry her eyes out. Way to be tough honey.

No comments: