Google

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Fantasy Update End Game

Well I'm down to my last three moves, and I'm going to have to use one next Tuesday if my trade for Dan Haren goes through. Stevie has dropped out of first and I got within 8 points of first before that happened. Since then my nephew has taken the lead and extended it to double digits, currently the Ninja Frogs reside in fourth. It was almost easier when I was chasing Stevie because I think there were enough points left to catch him, but I don't know if I can win now. Thus my move to pick up Haren for Mark Reynolds and Gavin Floyd. Unfortunately Reynolds doesn't fit in the old lineup the way I have it configured and I'm going to run out of games at third base first anyway, so hopefully Haren doesn't end up on the DL. Billy Wagner is on the DL now, and Harriston Jr. has played very little in the last week, but as long as my lead for saves doesn't get challenged and no one else on the team goes on the DL, Wagner likely won't get activated again. Right now I'm leading in RBI's (or R'sBI) and saves and second in SB. My problems this season have definitely resulted in the fact that I haven't played before. It was a pretty steep learning curve, but now that I know the players a little and have a little better strategy I should be in good shape going into to next year.

No comments: