Google

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Winter 2007 is Here

Winter is Here! Today we had our first real snow fall. It was quit a treat to wake up and realize I was going to get to shovel snow, I had almost forgot what that was like. Well I got my fix, ha ha ha (sarcasm). It is supposed to warm up a little next week. Which is good, but I do hope that we have snow for Christmas. I like the first snow at the house, because the pine trees on the hill make it kind of look like a scene from a snow globe. Maybe I'll see it Saturday though since I leave for work in the dark and get home in the dark. It was good to see the Departments of Transportation were ready for the snow too. They were bragging on the radio and TV about how they had salt and were ready, they must have been so ready to go that they figured they didn't have to actually put anything on the road this morning. That's OK, at least Ohio figured out it was snowing and put some stuff on the road by night, I still don't know if the folks from West Virginia have figured out that the roads were covered with snow, because they sure hadn't figured it out when I came home from work. There was a report that there were 50 wrecks today, that sounded about right. It seems to take people a week or two to realize they can't drive like idiots in the snow. And Sampson missed school because it was canceled, he was upset. Probably someday he won't be, but I hope not for a really long time. I try to make school seem as fun and interesting as I can. Speaking of fun and interesting I think I will do one of those year end review letters that everyone sends out, except I'll just do it on the blog and if you don't want to look at it you don't have too, I don't want you to feel obligated to read it since I didn't send it to you directly.

No comments: