Google

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Only 364 Shopping Days Left

Well another Christmas has come and gone. This one was special because it was Peach's first Christmas where she really tore right into the presents. Christmas eve at Mimi's we were eating and we were going to wait to do gifts, but she walked right over and ripped the paper of her littlest pet shop play set. We got her stopped though and she managed to hold off opening the rest until we were ready. Then yesterday morning I told her that Santa had come to visit and left her presents, and she got right up and walked down stairs, went right to the gifts wrapped with strawberry shortcake and started opening them. It was funny she would carry the present to an open area on the floor open the gift and then stack it in a neat little pile and carry the next gift to another open area. Meanwhile Sampson just ripped through all of his stuff, it was a mess of wrapping paper and toys. By the end of the morning we were swamped in Transformers, Marvels, littlest pet shop, my little pony, and barbie dolls. I don't know how long it took for the elves to make all that stuff and wrap it up, but it took about 45 minutes to get everything open and about 4 more hours to get everything out of boxes and setup. Apparently the new craze in toys is these little clear rubber bands, I guess the twisty ties weren't annoying enough, and the really bad thing is the stupid little rubber bands just won't break if you try to tear 'em apart. I pulled as hard as I could until I thought it was gone to just slice through my hand. We had fun though, and I think the kids had a really good Christmas. Now Sampson is bugging to go to the mall and spend his gift card and Toys R Us, so that is what is on the agenda for today. That and basketball. As for me I got a new Browns controller for my PS3 and new browns hat, and Sophie got a new Bobby Labonte rug and a couple of CD's. Well that's all for now, I'll start putting a list together for Christmas for next year only 364 shopping days left.

No comments: