Google

Monday, December 24, 2007

The Christmas Letter 2007

Hello everyone, it certainly has been a quick year. We had a wedding in Florida, Sampson started his second year of school (4 year old pre-school) which he is really enjoying and Peach managed to not severely impale herself so far this year. I also helped install a new Siemens DCS at work at got my Six Sigma Green belt right before break for a project that could save over $100,000 next year. Work was good for me, other than the turn around when we actually installed the DCS (19 straight days), but I am making up for that now with my first actual vacation around Christmas since I was in school. I can't wait until tomorrow to watch the kids open their stuff, and then I er... we get 3 days to play with everything. Sophie gave me a great surprise for my birthday, an actual surprise party and we celebrated our 7th year of marriage in June. (See that makes it real easy to remember for me it is just the year minus 2000.) Our Florida trip was definitely the best part of the year. We got to swim with dolphins (I didn't do a very good job of capturing it though), see the gulf of Mexico, visit the zoo, go in our first human size maze and see Ripley's believe it or not. We also drove for what seemed like 200 hours to get there and back, no I am just kidding the kids did really well and they got to go through 8 different states on their first official vacation. We also went to the Barnsville Pumpkin festival where we saw a giant pumpkin and I had my first deep fried twinkie, those things should have a surgeon general warning because there is no way they can be good for you, but it really didn't taste that bad. I also got to go to Atlanta for training and saw the Olympic park and ate at the Hard Rock in downtown with a couple of other engineers. Well here is wishing you a Merry Christmas and a great 2008.

Love,
The Helfensfelder's

No comments: