Google

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Unemployed

I was thinking about the title I would put here for a while. 'The end of an era', perhaps or 'All good things, must come to an end', or even 'Done'. But I settled on this one because it is what it is. I will be sans job for today and tomorrow and start a new, er... old job on Monday. It was a pretty emotional finish yesterday. Have you ever done something and realized it was the last time you would doing something, or the last time you would be some place. It was kind of a two month build up to that point yesterday. Some people I may never see again, and some places it won't get to go again, but in the end I guess it is for the better. I mean I could have stayed to ride it out, but really I needed to move on to something else as fast as possible. I did like working there, it was probably the best job I have had yet. There wasn't something I couldn't do there and there were opportunities to grow. I could have stayed with them I suppose in a different area, but I would have had a hard time with that. I'm feeling a little sorry for myself today I guess, I stopped and got a monster burger on my way home last night. I figure it is ok to be a little depressed about this given the circumstance, but I need to shake it off pretty quick. I want to start Monday at least with an up beat attitude even though there is nothing guaranteed past a year. Today we might go bowling later or at least Wii bowling at Ricco's house. Well hope everybody had a great new year, once I get things straightened out I should be able to tell whether this was a good one or not. So far today I made pancakes for the kids, changed some light bulbs, hit the heavy bag, watched back to the future II and blogged. Hopefully on one more day of unemployment to go....

No comments: