Google

Thursday, January 29, 2009

An exhausting week

I'm a little tired this week, and the weather isn't helping the situation any. First I stayed up way too late on Sunday watching the fight on Versus. Wait, lets go back to Saturday, when Ricco brought his Wii up, and we played until the Wii hours of the night. You know I guess that is where that phrase comes from, I never really thought about it before, heck I didn't even realize the pioneers had the Wii. Anyway so then I stayed up late to watch the fight and I kept dozing in and out, and Jamie Varner ended up winning a split decision after four rounds because Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone kneed him in the head while he was on the ground - dumb. I woke up at the end of the fight and Varner was down on the mat and they were like "the fight is over" and I didn't understand what was going on until Varner got on there and started swearing - unnecessary. He cleared thing up, because I initially thought he had lost and I was kind of surprised. For the rest of the week it has pretty much been get up, shovel, drive an hour and half to work on the crappy roads, work, drive an hour and a half home on the crappy roads, and then shovel. Then yesterday I did something really fun. See we had a giant ice storm Tuesday night and everything was covered in ice Wednesday morning. Sophie was trying to talk me out of going to work at 6:00 in the AM because we were under a level 3 advisory, which is - Don't drive unless you have too. So I told her I would just go out and shovel the driveway and then call in and see if they needed me. Also it was raining in the morning. Anyway I go out to shovel and I have my car keys so I start thinking "I might as well warm up the car, it couldn't hurt." So I get in on the passenger side and start the car. While I'm in there I decide to open the driver door to break the ice off it and roll down the window and clean them off. Then I get out to scrap off the front and back. I go to open the door to throw the scraper back in, and low and behold the door doesn't open. So I like, "crap the door froze" but it didn't, I locked it. Either accidentally or by habit, I'm not sure which, but I think that I left the driver door open anyway so no be deal. So I slide around the car (literally) and try to open the driver door, but apparently I locked it too. And the car is still running. So I go in and ask Sophie where the spare key is? No one knows. Crap. I then rig up a clothes hanger, because I have seen enough keys getting locked in cars that I think I can unlock it myself. Well the strength of the average clothes hanger does not compare to the strength the tool the police use. So then I start getting a little desperate. Mind you it is still raining and the road is iced over, so there is no way I can call anyone to come, and the car is still running. So I start trying to just jam the hanger in through the edge of the door frame, and after about 5 minutes I finally find a place where it will fit in, about 20 minutes total. But get the hanger through the door and actually manipulating it to open the lock are two completely, and I stress completely, different things. First I realize that the hanger in its current configuration won't hook the lock, so I remove the hanger and re-bend it. Then after about 15 - 20 minutes of fishing I finally get the door unlocked. By then I am completely drenched, coat, pants, long underwear. I changed, called work and decided to go in. It was a long ride. Then it was a long ride back and when I got home I had to shovel the drive again. It hasn't been a real fun week. Oh and also Sampson hasn't had school since Monday, and I think between him and Peach and not being able to go anywhere, Sophie is going a little 'stir-crazy'. I could tell because she actually wanted to play Resistance 2 with me. Unfortunately she got sick after about 2/3 of a level and had to stop. It's okay, I'm sure things will warm up and get better next week. Commonnnnnn Ground Hog!!! or Al Gore, global warming my butt, no seriously my butt needs global warming it is still frozen from yesterday.

No comments: