Google

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Fantasy Baseball - 2009

Well the old Ninja Frogs were transformed into the 'Revenge of the Frogs', and did exact their revenge on the league this year. After being mired in 3rd or 4th for most of the first half the Frogs kicked it up after the all-star break. The good thing this year was that I had a decent enough team that I didn't have to trade much or hit the free agent wire. Once A-rod came back off the DL my team was pretty well set. Ian Kinsler did go on the DL for 15 days in August, but other than that he was pretty dependable. I didn't mess around with catchers even though Russell Martin severely underperformed he was still solid and not worth tieing up a roster spot with another catcher. I had too many outfielder to start with, but they were all pretty decent and I held on to Corey Hart for as long as I could before I ended up dropping him when A-Rod came off the DL. I think that was how that worked or else Gil Meche went on the DL right about the same time and bought Hart another month. Either way out of Bay, Damon, Eithier, and Fowler I had to get rid of Hart. I didn't want to get rid of Fowler because I thought he would be decent, but he never got enough playing time, oh well. I think I still like the Roto format better as head to head provides for new opportunity every week there are some match-ups that people just flat out tank. The guy I took over for second played a guy he beat 10-0 one week then the last two weeks of the season I played the same guy and he beat me 7-2-1, go figure. Anyway I had a 10 game lead so it didn't matter. Oh and for Stevie, well he limped in at third ha ha. I guess his team name the '3 peters' meant he was going to come in third. Who knew. It definitely wasn't because he 3-peated as league champ. Hey at least you had a good run, but in the last year and a half I have taken over as fantasy champ. If it wouldn't have been for the first half of baseball season last year when I was learning about fantasy sports I could have won that too. Well maybe not, but next year the Frogs will look to "repeat" themselves.

No comments: