Google

Monday, June 09, 2008

Covered In Fish Poop, but I still had fun

Yesterday was the parent child fishing derby that my church puts on the Sunday before Father's Day. I fished with Sampson and Peach and I gotta admit when I was fishing with Peach she was carrying the team. Sampson also got to fish with Uncle Bo who caught the largest fish of the tournament. Sampson had the smallest, but we had to leave and someone else caught an even smaller fish. You get to fish 15 minutes and there are awards for Largest, Smallest and Most Inches. The first group caught 27 between the parent and child. I think we caught 11 or so, but the first group really has an advantage in this category because the fish are so hungry. The dad in the first group broke his line and just start casting the line out without the rod and I think he caught about 7 or 8 that way. So while the other groups are fishing I try and help. I'll take the fish off the hook and measure it and then is when one of 'em got me. I guess I squeezed him a little too hard and some poop came out. Or at least some type of fish waste. It just happened that the child that was fishing right then was a girl so the next one she caught I tried to spray her with the fish "waste". That'll teach 'em to try and catch more fish than me and Sampson. Anyway Sampson and Uncle Bo get their pictures taken next week at church. The fishing derby is definitely my favorite event that the church puts on.

No comments: