Google

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sampson the computer Guru

Sampson has really taken to the computer lately. He is addicted to Mahjong, just like his Maw and last night he made his first board. I made one called 'Whatchamacallit' and it is dang near impossible. Sampson's was pretty easy he named it "Sampson" because that's all he can type. We finally got his Webkinz on the internet too. It is a real stuffed animal and it has its own virtual identity with a room and you can buy it stuff like food or furniture. It is pure genius and it will probably cost me a lot of money in the end, but it is pretty neat. The web features come free with the toy, and you earn Webkinz money by playing games and basically spending all your time on the internet. But then you gotta feed it and stuff and take care of it and if you don't it will die and you get kicked out of Webkinz World. Or something to the that effect. Well I better hurry he wants to show what all he got today and I want to play too. Did I mention Sampson is 5 and a half. I remember reading an article when Sampson was little about a woman teaching her two year old how to get on the internet, but the kid would only connect to the internet and go to one place and play one game. I have tried to limit Sampson's early exposure to the computer so it didn't seem like some parlor trick when he wanted to use it and he would actually be able to do something once he got on there. Of course doing something can sometimes mean wiping out the memory on the Mahjong game, but he does pretty good. He also has computer lab at school. Which seems crazy because I don't think I saw a computer at school until I was in 5th grade or so and even then it was mostly just for games. It is definitely something you need to be able to do now though, even in pre-school I guess.

No comments: