Google

Monday, January 07, 2008

The Big Game

Well tonight is the big championship game #1 OSU vs. #2 LSU. I just wanted to say before the game who I though was going to win and barring some miracle four turnover game I think the tigers are going to win. I just don't think that Ohio played a strong enough schedule to be number one and I really don't see the scenario where they win other than LSU just giving the game away. Ohio is like Hawaii East, their strength of schedule was in the 60's, LSU in the 30's plus a extra conference game against a top 15 team. The toughest team Ohio played was #13 Illinois and they lost at home, LSU played Virginia Tech (which was #3 or #4 before being dismantled by Kansas) and beat them by what 30 or something. LSU also beat Florida and Tennessee and Auburn. Also this is like a home game for LSU and anyone who knows these schools know they are the center of their respective state, this would be like Ohio playing in Cleveland for the Championship. The other thing is that LSU lost 2 games, but in took 6 overtimes and 1 missed 2 point conversions. They're essential a touch down and a 2-point conversions from being 13-0. I think Tressel is good at game planning, but if he is off he is usually way off and they get beat bad. They gotta blitz, run the ball, keep the time of possession and go for it on 4th and short a couple of times. Don't be reckless, but if you are in LSU territory go for it, and keep the ball away from Holliday. I think that Perrilloux will take 20%-50% of the snaps and the game will be determined by how well OSU can contain him. Unless LSU turns the ball over a bunch I think they'll win. Sorry Ohio fans. But if Ohio wins then I'll delete all of this tomorrow.

No comments: