Google

Thursday, January 31, 2008

R.i.P. Harold "Mutt" Milhoan

Mom just told me tonight that Mutt passed away this morning. He had been battling health problems for a while and finally succumbed at the age of 92. He was an elder in the church I grew up in and whenever I think of an elder he will definetly be the first one who come to mind. I remember when I was just starting in adult church and every Sunday when he would have the communion pray he would say, "I was watching Bob Hope last night and when he was on stage everyone would give him a standing ovation, and think it is only right that we should give Jesus a standing ovation as we gather around this table." Every Sunday I think back to that because now everyone who prays just asks people to 'please stand for communion pray' but I bet there are a lot of people who are there that don't remember or never new what it was like before he changed how we worshipped during communion time. He was also a neighbor and I will attend the funeral on Saturday. He and Mildred had the same anniversery as me and Sophie. My deepest heart felt sympathies go out to the Milhoan family, sorry for your loss.

No comments: