Google

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother'stine Day

That is what Peach told Sophie today when she woke up. 'Happy Mother'stine Day'. I guess it is like a cross between Mother's Day and Valentines day and apparently it is good for anyone as she wished me and Sampson the same thing. Anyway hope everyone had a good Mother'stine day.

Our normal Mother's day dinner on Sophie's side didn't disappoint this year. Normally there is always something that happens. Last year we went to Cheddar's with about 10-12 people so we waited a while for a table, then when we were seated we waited for a while to order. Then after everyone's food came I waited an extra long while, because apparently they forgot to put my order in. I had to wait until almost everyone was done eating before I got my food. Needless to say I haven't been back since. This year though we decided to have breakfast on Saturday before the T-ball game. So we went to Bob Evans with Sophie's brothers and Mom and when we got there we ordered the table for 10. Well Ricco said that the manager was giving a lot of attitude for having to fix the dining room up for 10. So he wanted to leave. And he did. And then we did. We all kind of followed out into the parking lot and decided to go to Denny's, which didn't bother me all that bad because I was wanting to try the new grandslamwhich (by the way it was awesome - although the syrupy french toast type bread was maybe a little too much on the sweet side). At least I didn't get left out of the food this year, but I would say the total time I had to wait to eat was probably still over an hour from the time I thought I would be eating. Maybe it is me, maybe I'm the bad luck guy when it comes to Mother's day meals. I know one thing, next year I'm packing a snack when we go out to eat.

No comments: