Google

Monday, February 25, 2008

Voting Dilemma

Well I have decided not to vote in the republican side of the Ohio Primary on March 4th. It looks like McCain is going to get the nomination or at least it is mathematically impossible for Huck to win. So I will vote on the Democratic side. You see Ohio has a modified open primary where you can vote for whatever side you want to, but afterwards you are automatically registered to that party. So if you are a republican you can vote in the democratic primary, but after that you become a registered democrat. Like the label really matters anyway. I think you just get calls and fliers from whichever party you are registered to. Anyway all of the other local fun stuff is going to be on the democrat side too, what with the county commissioners and the county sheriff. I gotta give my endorsement for Sheriff to Donnie Nippert, he sprayed me with mace once. Trust me, he is serious about being police chief. Back to the dilemma though, I will either vote for Hill (oh I can't believe I just typed that) or Obama (double yuck). So which one is the lesser of two evils, let's see. Sophie and I kind of agree that the only option here is Hill. Obama seems to have the youth vote and that would carry over into the general election, but if he doesn't make it then that voting block may sit out the general election, also African Americans may feel disenfranchised if their candidate doesn't make it. But seriously what has he done? Other than having a rock star appeal I don't know that he has accomplished anything. Sure he is a good orator, but just because you can give speeches that doesn't entitle you to be president any more than someone who blogs a lot. By the way I am declaring for the 2012 election, regardless of who wins. Also Hillary is the most polarizing of any candidate in the last century or so. She may get 49% of the vote but she will drive away as many people as she draws. So for now it is Hill, but that could change.

No comments: