Google

Friday, January 24, 2020

Hip Dislocation of Aught 20

So my mom decided it would be interesting to see what would have if she dislocated her hip.  On the 15th she was in her bathroom and she said she reached to get something for her hair and she felt her leg give out and next thing she knew she was on the floor and her leg didn't work.  So she spent the next hour or so crawling on her back to a phone in her bedroom.  Did I mention she just turned 90?  Anyway she found a way to knock the phone down and call 911.  Well the 911 operator calls my brother too because he thought that was his mother.  [not sure exactly the timeline but Jim also heard the calls over the scanner and headed out as well, I think he may have actually beaten Bill there so not sure what he was doing] The EMS arrived and took her to Wheeling.  Someone called Deena and she called me to let me know Mom had fallen, it wasn't until around noon that I found out she was going to have to have "surgery".  And I put "surgery" in quotes here because no one really knew what was wrong or how they were going to treat her, but as it turns out the hip reduction as they call it is capable of being done by pulling the leg/hip back into place without cutting.  Well I didn't know that at the time so I left work and went to the hospital.  All indications were that the procedure would take place around 4:30PM.  But then we had to wait for the doctor to get there so 5:30.  Then we had to wait for some OR rooms to clear out 6:15.  In total the actual procedure lasted about 2 minutes.  I know right.  So she was done by 6:30 and I think in her room by a little after 7 or 7:30.  Jim and Carol had stayed through the procedure and then left.  Bill had left before I even got there because he had to go check on his building.  You know the building that gave life to him apparently as that was more important that whatever was going to happen to his mother.  I stayed with her until about 9 and then headed home and would come back the next day to get her discharged.  Well that took forever for some reason.  The doctor saw her at 11 and then it took another 4 hours to get out of there.  Then we had to go out to Beallsville to get clothes and the dog. 

No comments: