Google

Friday, July 03, 2009

Fishing Derby '09

Well this year we finally got a trophy. After seven years of trying with my little buddy we finally brought home the big one. We got the most fish trophy. Sure he carried most of the load and after we finished I didn't even think we would win, but we finally pulled it out. One year we would have won if he could have caught just one fish because I caught like 8 myself, but he was either 10 months old or 1 or so, either way he finally delivered the goods. He also caught the smallest fish, but I guess there is some rule about only getting one trophy, oh well. Peach reeled one in too, with her cast and all. She was using Sampson's old Ninja Turtle pole to start out with, but she came over by me and I casted with her and hooked one and let her reel it in. The fishing derby is definitely one of my favorite things to do with the kids, even though they are lucky to stay interested for the 15 minutes we get to fish together. Here are some picks from the derby. Oh and if you wondering if worm inflation had continue to skyrocket, I really can't tell you. I would have paid a dollar a worm to win with one of my kids (although Sampson did catch 5 in a row with the same worm, or varying amounts of the same original worm, way to be efficient buddy). Now I just have to win one with Peach, provided you know, she can carry the load. No pressure sweetie.





No comments: