Google

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Getting My Feet Washed

I know what you are thinking and yes I do wash my feet on a normal basis, at least once a week whether they need it or not. But this is about Holy Thursday and Sophie asked me to get my feet washed at her church. Since she is Catholic they really celebrate all aspects of holy week and the washing of the feet takes place on Thursday when Jesus and the disciples would have had the last supper. Basically it was me and 6 other guys and we went up front and took one shoe off, got it washed by the priest, dried and then that was it. I did it because Sophie had read the kids a story about Jesus washing the disciples feet and I thought this would be a good opportunity to do something for her church and hopefully set a good example for the kids. I even got a 50 cent piece during the ceremony. Originally they asked for me and Sophie, but then they only wanted guys to do it so Sophie had to sit it out. I was kind of nervous because I had never even gone to the Thursday service before, so I had not seen the feet washing before and I was sure what all it entailed. (Oooo check that out, entailed . . . hope that is spelled right) Anyway I put the old left foot up there since that is the one I was conducting the "experiment" on and figured that the holy water and blessing and stuff would help it out. Then Sophie told me that the water wasn't holy water, but I mean the priest is handling the water, you're on the alter and what not, can it get much holier (er . . . holy-er) than that. No miracles yet, but I'm willing to give it a little time.

No comments: