Google

Monday, October 01, 2007

Turning 30

Well a lot has happened since I last blogged, both good and bad. I turned 30 (bad, although hardly noticeable) and Sophie through me a surprise party (good). She got me pretty good with that one. I was in such a zone concentrating on work and she told me that we were going to go to a movie and when I got home my mom and neighbors, in-laws, and Bo and Ashley (my bro and sister in-law) were there. I was completely surprised. I actually didn't turn 30 though until Saturday and on Sunday when I am usually tired I actually felt pretty good. Until Sunday night at about 11:00 when I got sick and threw up, and then I threw up again at about 5:00 in the morning. Needless to say I was a little late for work, but I did finally make it in about 2:00 P.M. That started 12 days straight of meeting with corporate people and started the first cut over for the DCS. Everything with the cut-over went surprisingly well (good) and I keep expecting something to happen. We may have found something today with the flare stack, but we should have an opportunity to fix it. Sophie also lost her uncle Tom to a heart attack. It was very sudden and unexpected, he was 58, and died while at work on a Sunday (very bad). The funeral was one of the saddest I have every been to and I felt extremely bad for the family. There was over 250 people at the funeral and it was to hard to not cry. Sorry Uncle Tom you will be missed.

No comments: