Google

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

A Profoundly Emotional Dance

Greetings. I was moved to write tonight because of the Mia Michaels' dance on So You Think You Can Dance. It was supposed to be a dance of her and her father or at least what it would be like if she could dance with him again since he died of lung cancer. I thought it was very emotional because I have lost my father, almost 10 years ago to colon cancer. I thought it was extremely brave and something you just don't see people do, remembering there lost parents like that especially someone in that position. I normally don't get her dances, but I understood this one. The reaction of the kids afterwards though you could kind of tell that even though they did a great job of telling the story I don't think they fully understood exactly what they were saying. It would be difficult to understand if you hadn't lost someone, but if it had be me dancing after I performed I think I would have had to go and give Mia a hug. Thank you Mia you did a great job. Your father would be very proud.

No comments: