Google

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

2007 Miss Teen USA

Apparently in the pageant the contestant from South Carolina was asked 'Why one-fifth American couldn't find the United States on a map?'. Her incoherent rambling reminded me of Billy Madison, but at the end of her rambling the moderator, Mario Lopez, said 'good answer' instead of 'May God have mercy on your soul', or 'we are all now dumber for having listened to your incoherent ramblings'. I mean I have done some dumb stuff, but not like that. She said, "I personally believe that US Americans are unable to do so, because, is that some people out there, in our nation, don't have maps, and I believe that our education, such as South Africa, and the Iraq, everywhere like, such as, and I believe that they should, our education over here, in the US should help the US, or um should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children." Apparently the reason 1/5th of America can't find the United States is because they spend too much time getting ready for beauty pageants. I don't normally bet (see my gambling entry), but I would bet this girl couldn't find the U.S. if you spotted her North America. The real answer may be that as a specicies we are de-volving at least on the outside. I'll leave it at that for now, but look at all the people who are surviving things that they never would have been able to before thanks to medicine. Some of the effects of diseases or even the drugs/medicine could have long lasting effects that haven't been accoutned for. Perhaps some people are impared from being able to even just remeber things, not necessarily that they are stupid, but if they pass that along to their children and the effect is magnified imagine the effects on generations to come.

No comments: