Google

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Brooks Ghost 12 - A review

So I recently got the Brooks Ghost 12 shoe for running.  I've run about 15 miles in it so far and the shoe is really comfortable.  I would say the shoe is versatile for running on pavement or track or even a little off road.  I wouldn't necessarily use it for a trail run or something like that.  It didn't feel like there was a break-in period for the shoe as it felt ready to run in right out of the box.  So here is the good and the bad.  Some of the details first - the shoe has a 12mm offset or drop from the heel to toe.  It should help lessen fatigue in the legs on long runs.

Good:
 - Comfortable and versatile for different styles of runs
 - Nice amount of padding - use the Brooks DNA foam which feels soft but responsive.
 - Easy to run in - shoe feels very efficient, not necessarily fast but doesn't seem like it wears you out.
 - Good amount of tread - should hold up for a while.
 - No rubbing in the toe box

Bad:
 - The laces are kind of short - wasn't able to lock the laces without skipping a loop.
 - The heel rubbed me when I was wearing short socks - with long socks was not noticable.
 - There is a lot of fabric in the heel area and the upper is a double layer so it may hold water.
 - Heavier shoe - listed as 10.4 ounces - I think this is for a size 9.

Overall I would score the shoe a 8.5 or 9 out of 10.  If you are just starting out, it would be a great shoe as it is very versatile.  I wouldn't recommend it for a race necessarily because it is a little heavy, but would be a great daily trainer.


No comments: