Google

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Made in the USA - #300

Well it has been a long journey to get here and it is nice to know some things are still made here in America. I made a special effort to find some boots for work that were made in the USA and the only ones I could find were Red Wings. But even some of the Red Wings are being made over seas now so you really have to look at the label to make sure. The total cost was close to $150, but I thought the statement was worth it, plus I get a really good pair of boots. I hate seeing stuff not being made here in America and I really want to try and make a difference so that my kids have something. Not that I really have any problems with stuff made over seas or south of the border but I would rather see us do well. You see we got to the point we are at by making our own stuff and buying our stuff and now the other countries are starting to grow and eventually they will catch up and be buying their own goods and won't need to sell to us. Then the price will sky rocket and we won't have the infrastructure to support ourselves or our kids won't have it. So I think we need to support what we have to keep it from going away and let those companies know that we like stuff made in the USA and if you give us an option we'll buy the USA stuff. Also I will not be buying Hanes because they are shipping jobs out of North Carolina and into other regions. Right now I'm not sure what other garment makers are doing, but I do know that this moves makes me sick. Sorry Hanes you just lost a customer.

No comments: