Google

Friday, July 04, 2008

being an Idiot

I bought the new Gran Turismo game for the PS3, well what I thought was the new GT game. Apparently 'Prologue' means that it isn't the full version of the game. They still manage to hit you for 40 bucks, though. It isn't all bad just terribly disappointing. You think it would be more pronounced that it was only a partial game, but nooooo. Anyway it is still pretty decent and I guess I can always trade it when the full version comes out. 'Prologue' had about 60 cars and 30 different races, plus the individual car make races, but the cars aren't customizable at all. The only thing you can change is the auto traction and control, so winning races is completely on skill. I guess that is a good thing, but the fun thing about GT is building the cars and setting up the car for different tracks to make them run faster. I kind of liked that it didn't have all the crappy little cars, because I could live without all of those races. But when it didn't have the licenses the little light bulb above my head went off. Well the goal now is to beat all 30 races and then race online some. The good news is the cars and credits are transferable to the full version. After I get the full version I'll be sure to rate the whole game. For now 'Prologue' is about a 4.5 out of 10, the best features are the online races, which aren't all that great, and the idea that what you do will transfer.

No comments: