Google

Tuesday, October 01, 2019

61.94 mile month

I know, some people call this a light week, but running is hard for me and this is the most I have ever run in one month.  So back off.  I have been going up on my mileage since April, but I think this is probably the peak for this year.  I'm sure October won't be a complete drop off to nothingness, but it will probably be harder to get the runs in as it is getting dark by 7:30 so I almost have to be done by then.  Basketball will be starting soon so running between games will difficult.  Looking forward to the challenges of running in the winter this year as that is something I haven't really done before.  But I will say if this is the high water mark for the year, I totally plan on breaking it at some point next year as the distance runs have gotten easier, or at least more palatable.  On a side note, the Map my run app has an annual challenge to beat during the year, and the challenge for 2019 was to run 1019 km.  That is 633 miles, or 52.75 miles a month.  If I would have been doing the challenge from the start and averaged what I have the last 2 months, I would be on pace to beat it.  As it stands I am a little under half way and only have 92 days left.  I would need to run 3.62 miles per day to make.  Probably not going to happen.  To beat it the whole year, you need to run 1.73 miles per day. 

No comments: