Google

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

1st Mustang Game of 2013

Well I feel like the worst parent/Coach on the planet.  Our coach has put me in charge of pitching and as the "Pitching Coach" of which I know only what I have read and looked at on-line and learned from other people I get to be in charge of 5 young kids who all want to pitch every night.  But tonight was the worst case scenario for me to be in that position as Sampson is one of the pitchers.  And he  has done phenomenal in the 2 scrimmages we had and even in fall ball.  Well tonight the first kid pitched 3 scoreless innings with 6 k's, then the second kid pitched one inning of 3 K baseball, then I sent Sampson in to pitch the last 2 innings facing the meat of their order and he walked 6 straight to bring to game to 3-2.  So I had to go out there and pull my son from the game, and he hates me now. Hopefully he will talk to me tomorrow.  The next kid did come in with the bases loaded and struck out 3 and got the other team 1-2-3 in the 6th to preserve the win.  Sampson did come back up after I took him out and he got a hit, and slide into second, and then stole 3rd and got to home on another hit and slide into home.  Two perfect slides.  We ended up winning 6-2, and combined the kids pitched a no-hitter so there is that for the old pitching coach, but right now I feel horrible about taking him out because it upset him sooooo much. He also had an unassisted out at 1st so he played a good game, he was just very dissappointed about the thing he wanted to do the most.  Sorry buddy, I do love you.  Who knows maybe we will laugh about this someday...probably not tomorrow though, I'm just hoping you talk to me by then.

No comments: