Google

Monday, June 10, 2024

The Current Stack 5/2024

So I have been running for about 8 years now and I have gradually picked up things along the way.  The one constant is I have been taking a daily vitamin.  Yeah that is about it.  My Mom had a stack of supplements she took everyday, but I never really got into it until I came across Bryan Johnson and what he was doing and that lead me to Dr. Jeffrey Gladden and his podcast.  So I have been binging that series and listening to what the different supplement interactions are to increase longevity and general health and doing some research on my own.  Anyway at this point here is what I am doing on a daily basis.  (DISCLAIMER: I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice, this is just a record in time of what I am doing and I hope to report later on the effects).  Current Age - 46.

1 tab molecular hydrogen - 1st thing in the morning at least 30 minutes before breakfast.

1 mutli vitamin - Still hanging in there

500 mg turmeric  - with black pepper included

4,000 iu Vit D

50 mg Zinc

300 mg ashwagandha or however you spell it - cycle 3 weeks on 1 week off, 300 mg at night too

1 Heliocare capsule - helps with sun, potential for DNA repair, made with plant extract from South America

1,600 mg Beta alanine X 2 - taken twice daily with meals during the week 

2g-3g Creatin - just started this

250 - 375 mg niacin - trying to get the flush effect 2x per week right now.

6 oz of V8 - yes the juice

15 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Bryan Johnson special, but not his brand

15 ml Apple Cider Vinegar 

Also drinking 1 muscle milk per day and drinking a Casein protein shake at night on days where I did a physical activity to help recover.  I've been hitting the sauna as much as possible too, to help with recovery.  There have been some studies out of Finland that 20 minutes at ~180°F x 4 times per week would result in a large percent reduction in all cause mortality and heart related deaths.

I've been monitoring when I start certain things and how I have been feeling.  Just finished 4 weeks of activity over 500 minutes (counting vigorous activity as double effective using Garmin technology) and 5 out of the last 6 weeks with a week that was at 635 minutes of activity including everything from mowing grass to running to pickle ball and basketball and even swimming. The 635 week is probably the highest I have had in about 20 years, as is at least the highest I have had since getting the Garmin.  My physical state seems pretty good, but I may take a little time and recover some this week and keep activity down some, but still hit the sauna.

The things I'm looking at picking up are CoQ10 & PQQ and a detox / AMPK cycle.  The CoQ10 should help with ATP production and the PQQ helps to rebuild mitochondria.  For the detox cycle, looking at Spermidine, with rapamyacin, Fisetin and Dihydroberberine.  I think the Spermidine and Fisetin could almost be taken on a daily basis, but the rapamyacin and Dihydroberberine both should turn off mTOR and activate AMPK.  From what I understand mTOR is kind of a build up phase where cells and muscles are building, but the AMPk cycle is the end of cell lifetime and theoretically if you did a "clean out cycle" mTOR is off and this AMPk cycle runs to kind of clean the junk out.  I haven't tried this yet, but I think it would be bad to do during a muscle building or training cycle.  Maybe before you start a cycle of building or some type of weekly cycle where the AMPk is activated during a down period or at night after a lighter day or maybe the start of a fast.  Also on the radar is collagen peptides.  Seems like they are good for the skin and maybe some tissue issues like for ligaments or tendons.


No comments: