Google

Friday, June 21, 2024

Stack Update for June - 2024

Just to update the stack for June, I have found some CoQ10 and started taking daily.  Found a bottle on sale for essentially $8 / month so that seemed like a good deal to start.  Early feed back seems pretty good.  I was taking separate in the afternoon, but decided to combine with my morning pills. I found out after getting it and doing a little more research that the -Xol version is the desired state versus the -none version of the chemical. 

Also I found some collagen peptides. Started with the Walgreens version and have been taking for about 4-5 day.  Found I could mix with my morning water and it was fine.  I tried to mix with V8 + EVOO and it did not mix at all.  I've also added it to my Casein shake at the end of the day.  A little early to tell if there are any benefits to the joints.  Dare I say pickleball and early morning push ups have taken a toll on the shoulder.  Trying to back down the effort on arms a little in the short term to help the recovery, but hopefully the work is strengthening things.

On a side note, I went with Sophie to the Sam's Club and they had a nice selection of CoQ10 and collegen peptides and at more favorable costs.  If this initial June run goes well, then Sam's could be the supplier of choice going forward.

 Forward looking, still eyeing PQQ and Astralagus to add.  The astralagus should be a telomere lengthener or telomerase activator.  Telomeres are essentially what determines how long we make it.  Every time a cell divides the chromosomes get a little shorter on the ends until there are just too many copies made and the cells stop dividing, then you die.  This is the Hayflick limit which is currently around 120 years, and this is based on no hard living or outside influences decreasing that number.  

Still not a doctor, so not advising anyone to do this.  Always seek professional medical advice😉

No comments: